Instructions Before General Anesthesia
- Please do not eat or drink anything (including water) for 6 hours prior to your surgery. If you need to take medication, you can take it with a sip of water.
- Do not smoke for at least 12 hours prior to surgery. Quitting smoking as soon as possible before surgery will improve healing after surgery.
- Patients must be accompanied by a responsible adult over the age of 18 who remains in the office during the procedure.
- Patients undergoing anesthesia should not drive a vehicle or operate any heavy machinery for 24 hours after anesthesia.
- Please remove nail polish and wear loose fitting, comfortable clothes on the day of your surgery. Please do not wear jewelry, contacts lenses or dentures to your surgical appointment.
- Please contact our office if you become ill with a cold or sore throat prior to surgery.
- If you take medications on a routine basis, please let our office know. Typically, you will NOT have to interrupt your medication schedule.
- Please call our office if you are in pain or have any questions regarding your treatment.